A seasonal lottery will be offered again in 2016 to allow various users in the community, such as summer boaters and fishermen, to have the opportunity to temporarily lease a slip. Five (5) slips for boat lengths of 23 feet or less will be available on the South Basin Dock (formerly known as the Floatplane Dock) for the six-month period of May 1 through October 31. Successful applicants accepting a slip will pay a fee of $750 (which is $125 per month) along with a $50 refundable gate key deposit.
Announcement of the 2016 Seasonal Lottery is published on the Port of Hood River website, and a public notice is advertised in the “Announcements” section of the Hood River News.
The application deadline is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2016. The drawing will be held at 4:15 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at the Port of Hood River administrative office located at 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. Applicants need not be present at the time of the drawing.
Results of the Lottery will be emailed to all applicants and also posted on the Port website. All applicants whose names are drawn for a slip will have five (5) business days (by April 27, 2016) to accept or decline the slip.
1. An application form must be submitted to participate in the Lottery. Only one (1) entry per household or boat partnership (co-titled and co-insured are moorage requirements) shall be submitted; and only one (1) watercraft per slip is allowed. Please note: an incomplete form will not be accepted.
2. Only applications received prior to the deadline are eligible to participate in the Lottery.
3. All successful applicants shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Port of Hood River Marina, including but not limited to: proof of watercraft ownership, registration and insurance requirements. Rules and Regulations can be found here.
4. If the number of applicants is less than the number of slips, a Lottery drawing will not be required. However, if a drawing is necessary, it will be a blind drawing with individual names drawn from a container in sequence until all names in the container have been exhausted.
5. The first five (5) names drawn will be eligible for the slips. The remaining names will be added to the Seasonal Wait List in the order of their Lottery Number.
6. Once all numbers are recorded, Lottery results will be published on the Port website on April 21.
7. All applicants offered a seasonal slip will be required to respond to an offer for acceptance within five (5) business days. If the offer is accepted, a completed agreement and seasonal fee of $750 must be paid in full prior to May 1. If an offer is declined the slip will be offered to the next person on the Seasonal Wait List.
8. Each Lottery winner will be issued one (1) key to the South Basin Dock gate. A refundable key deposit of $50 must be paid in advance when the seasonal 6-month lease payment is made.
9. Slip assignments will be made by Port staff when the lease begins, with consideration given to vessel requirements and tenant preference.
10. Seasonal slips may not be sublet.