Announcement of the 2020 Seasonal Lottery will be published beginning on March 4 via public notice is advertised in the “Announcements” section of the Hood River News. The application deadline is 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 with the drawing held at 3:00 p.m. at the Port of Hood River administrative office located at 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. Applicants need not be present at the time of the drawing.
The Port will notify all applicants of the lottery results via email; the results will be posted on the Port website. All applicants whose names are drawn for a slip will have until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 6 to either accept or decline the slip.
- An application form must be submitted prior to the deadline to be eligible to participate in the Lottery. Only one (1) entry per household or boat partnership shall be submitted; and only one (1) watercraft per slip is allowed.
- There will be four (4) slips available for boats 23 feet & under LOA (Length Overall); one (1) slip will be limited to 20 feet LOA, and two (2) slips on the south side of the dock for PWC (jet skis) or inflatables 12 feet and under. The Port has the discretion to terminate a seasonal moorage agreement if the watercraft is found to exceed the LOA.
- All successful applicants shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Port of Hood River Marina available here: Marina Rules & Regulations
- Lottery Participants are required to provide the following: (Boat Partnerships: co-titled and co-insured requirements apply)
- Proof of Watercraft Ownership
- Insurance Requirements
- If the number of applicants is less than the number of slips, a Lottery drawing will not be required. However, if a drawing is necessary, it will be a blind drawing with individual names drawn from a container in sequence until all names in the container have been exhausted.
- The first seven (7) names drawn will be eligible for the slips. At least one of the entries must be 20 feet or under, and two must be for jet skis or inflatables 12 feet and under. The remaining names will be added to the Seasonal Wait List in the order of their Lottery Number.
- Once all numbers are recorded, final Lottery results will be published on the Port website by April 9, 2020.
- All applicants offered a seasonal slip will be required to respond to the Port of Hood River with an offer for acceptance by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 6. If the offer is accepted, a completed agreement and seasonal fee of $750 must be paid in full prior to May 1. If an offer is declined the slip will be offered to the next person on the Seasonal Wait List.
- Each Lottery winner will be issued a maximum of two (2) keys to the South Basin Dock gate. A refundable key deposit of $50 per key must be paid in advance when the seasonal 6-month lease payment is made.
- Slip assignments will be made by the Port of Hood River when the lease begins, with consideration given to vessel requirements and tenant preference.
- Seasonal slips may not be sublet.