This page has moved! For the most recent information about the Bi-State Working Group, please visit the bridge replacement project website at https://hoodriverbridge.org/bswg . Information below may be out of date at the time of your visit.
The BSWG is a discussion body that helps the project team conducting the Post-NEPA phases of bridge replacement. As local political leaders in the mid-Columbia region, BSWG members will provide guidance and direction to the project team (Port of Hood River staff and HNTB project managers) on key inputs as funding becomes available. The project team will work with BSWG members throughout the process to ensure that ideas and concerns are understood and considered as alternatives or options are developed.
Bi-State Working Group Scope
The BSWG was formalized in October 2020 when the governing boards of all six member agencies approved a Memo of Understanding regarding the development of the Hood River-White Salmon Interstate Replacement Bridge. The BSWG identified two major requirements for advancing bridge replacement: Governance and Funding.
The BSWG agreed to be responsible for:
- Guiding project development activities and resolving issues by consensus.
- Overseeing Phase 2 and Phase 3 work.
- Providing for interagency coordination on all project issues.
- Facilitating the implementation of the Bi-State Bridge Authority.
- Seeking the funding necessary to design, develop, and construct the replacement bridge.
On May 19, 2021, the BSWG agreed to establishing “Strategic Action Plan Principles” to guide bridge replacement efforts. This document will be refined to include individual goals, objectives and quantifiable results to track progress.
BSWG meetings are open to the public and the group will begin meeting twice a month in January of 2023. Time for public comment is reserved at each meeting. The Working Group meets via Zoom for the forseeable future. For more upcoming meetings, see below.
Working Group Members
Catherine Kiewit, Mayor, City of Bingen
Mike Fox, Commissioner, Port of Hood River
Marla Keethler, Mayor, City of White Salmon
Paul Blackburn, Mayor, City of Hood River
Jake Anderson, Commissioner, Klickitat County
Arthur Babitz, Commissioner, Hood River County
Please note: The Bi-State Working Group meetings and events information has moved! Please visit https://hoodriverbridge.org/events for the most up-to-date information. Thank you!
March 6, 2023
February 6, 2023
January 23, 2023
January 9, 2023 (meeting materials to come soon)
December 12, 2022
November 14, 2022
October 31, 2022
October 17, 2022
October 3, 2022
September 19, 2022
August 15, 2022
July 11, 2022
June 13, 2022
May 13, 2022
April 11, 2022
March 31, 2022
Replacement Bridge Management Contract RFP Pre-proposal Meeting
March 14, 2022
February 14, 2022
January 17, 2022
December 13, 2021
- Video Archive
- WSP PCE Presentation
- Project Cost Estimate Executive Summary
- Project Cost Estimate Document Memorandum
November 8, 2021
October 11, 2021
September 13, 2021
September 2, 2021 Special Meeting
August 9, 2021
July 12, 2021
June 14, 2021
May 19, 2021
- Finance Plan Presentation
- Strategic Principals
- Video Archive (https://youtu.be/NlROIC2z2fE)
April 14, 2021
- NEPA/Governance Project Update – Kevin Greenwood/Steve Siegel
- Financial Presentation – Steve Siegel
- AE/Design RFP Presentation – Chuck Green
- BSWG Roster – Kevin Greenwood
- Strategic Principles – Kevin Greenwood/Michael McElwee
- Video Archive https://youtu.be/QN2RfxXZ13k
- Minutes – to come.
March 22, 2021. Bridge Replacement Strategy Work Shop
February 5, 2021. Public Private Partnership Panel Discussion