The BSWG is a discussion body that helps the project team conducting the Post-NEPA phases of bridge replacement. As local political leaders in the mid-Columbia region, BSWG members will provide guidance and direction to the project team (Port of Hood River staff and consultants) on key inputs as funding becomes available. The project team will work with BSWG members throughout the process to ensure that ideas and concerns are understood and considered as alternatives or options are developed.
Bi-State Working Group Scope
The BSWG was formalized in October 2020 when the governing boards of all six member agencies approved a Memo of Understanding regarding the development of the Hood River-White Salmon Interstate Replacement Bridge. The BSWG identified two major requirements for advancing bridge replacement: Governance and Funding.
The BSWG agreed to be responsible for:
- Guiding project development activities and resolving issues by consensus.
- Overseeing Phase 2 and Phase 3 work.
- Providing for interagency coordination on all project issues.
- Facilitating the implementation of the Bi-State Bridge Authority.
- Seeking the funding necessary to design, develop, and construct the replacement bridge.
On May 19, 2021, the BSWG agreed to establishing “Strategic Action Plan Principles” to guide bridge replacement efforts. This document will be refined to include individual goals, objectives and quantifiable results to track progress.
BSWG meetings are open to the public. Time for public comment is reserved at each meeting. The Working Group meets via Zoom for the forseeable future. For more upcoming meetings, check the Events Calendar.
Working Group Members
Betty Barnes, Mayor, City of Bingen
Mike Fox, Commissioner, Port of Hood River
Marla Keethler, Mayor, City of White Salmon
Kate McBride, Mayor, City of Hood River
Jake Anderson, Commissioner, Klickitat County
Bob Benton, Commissioner, Hood River County
October 11, 2021
September 13, 2021
September 2, 2021 Special Meeting
August 9, 2021
July 12, 2021
June 14, 2021
May 19, 2021
- Finance Plan Presentation
- Strategic Principals
- Video Archive (https://youtu.be/NlROIC2z2fE)
April 14, 2021
- NEPA/Governance Project Update – Kevin Greenwood/Steve Siegel
- Financial Presentation – Steve Siegel
- AE/Design RFP Presentation – Chuck Green
- BSWG Roster – Kevin Greenwood
- Strategic Principles – Kevin Greenwood/Michael McElwee
- Video Archive https://youtu.be/QN2RfxXZ13k
- Minutes – to come.
March 22, 2021. Bridge Replacement Strategy Work Shop
February 5, 2021. Public Private Partnership Panel Discussion