The Port’s busiest season is around the corner and soon the Hood River waterfront will be bustling with activity. The following information includes tips and info about events, plus waterfront paid and pass parking during the busiest season of the year.
Event Site and West Jensen Beach parking passes
The Port of Hood River is selling seasonal and daily parking passes for the Event Site and west Jensen Beach recreational parking lots. These passes are not valid for on-street waterfront parking.
Event Site and West Jensen Beach parking passes are required beginning May 25 when the Event Site parking booth opens, and pre-season discounts were available through May 22 online. Pay kiosks will be active in the Event Site through Labor Day. Vehicles over 22 feet in length are not permitted in the West Jensen Beach lot.
For pass prices and more information please visit: https://portofhoodriver.com/waterfront-recreation/waterfront-parking/
Waterfront Street Parking
Paid street parking will be enforced in Summer 2019 on Port-owned waterfront streets from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the cost of $1.75 per hour beginning April 15. Kiosks are conveniently located and only accept debit or credit cards – no change or cash. A free download of the “Way to Park” app enables payment and reminders on meter time to avoid going to the kiosks. Paid parking addresses the goals to increase parking efficiency at busy waterfront areas, encourage turnover and provide new resources for waterfront recreation sites maintenance and improvements.
What’s happening at the Waterfront?
• Hood River Valley High School Sailing Team, with 40 participants this year, has been practicing in the Marina and participating in regional regattas.
• Hood River Lacrosse has been practicing on the Marina Green.
• The first cruise ship of the season arrived in late April, and dockings are expected each week throughout the season.
• Hood River Yacht Club Adult Sailing Lessons start July 9 and run through August 15 in the HR Marina. (hoodriveryachtclub.org)
• The Kids Junior Sailing Program starts July 8 and runs through August 16. (gorgejuniorsailing.org)
• The Marina Park Picnic Shelter is available to reserve for private events. (https://portofhoodriver.com/marina/reserve-a-picnic-shelter/)
Major Summer Events on Port property
• Kiteboard for Cancer (KB4C) at Event Site | July 11-14
Gorge Downwind Paddle Champs
at Waterfront Park | July 15-19
All Wind Sports Industry (AWSI) Tradeshow
at Event Site | August 8-12
Columbia Gorge Naish Paddle Challenge
at Waterfront Park | August 17-18
• Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim
at the Marina Basin | Sept 2
Gorge Kids Triathlon
at Event Site & Waterfront Park | Sept 15
• Harvest Fest at Event Site | Oct 6-14