The Port of Hood River is accepting Letters of Interest from qualified persons or businesses seeking a seasonal concession permit to operate a kiteboard, windsurf, kayak or SUP instruction or rental concession on Port property. The permit will be valid for five years from 2021-25 for a six month maximum time period beginning April 1 and ending October 1 each year.
Concession fees and spaces available for primary locations are as follows:
Event Site – Large: $3,200 (approx. 1950 square feet)-4
Event Site – Small: $1,600 (approx. 960 square feet)-1
Nichols Basin: $2,400-1
Each secondary location: $1,600
Commencing in 2021, fees will increase on an annual basis by the published Consumer Price Index (CPI) for Portland, OR.
Letters of Interest shall be no more than five pages and shall include the following:
- Business name, description and services provided
- Business owner/manager name, qualifications, experience and summary of business history
- Preferred location and facility requests
- Training plan and certifications required for instructors and other staff
- Proposed emergency reponse plan: procedures, methods and apparatus used to respond to accidents
- Three references
Port Staff will review and preliminarily select 8 vendors, with final decision by Port Commission. All proposers will be emailed results.
Letters of Interest may be sent to Daryl Stafford, Waterfront Manager at the Port of Hood River, 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River, Oregon 97031 or emailed to email@example.com, no later than 5 p.m. Thursday, September 24, 2020. Letters received after that time will not be considered unless locations are unfilled.