MARINA PICNIC SHELTER
The Marina Park Picnic Shelter is not available for reservations at this time, due to staffing shortages. Please check back in June of 2022 for an update.
The Marina Park picnic shelter is located on the west side of the Hood River Marina, just north of the Hood River County Historic Museum and the Yacht Club. The picnic shelter can be reserved for private events up to 50 people for a $100 fee. You can check availability, agree to terms and make your reservation online at:
Fees charged for the use of the Picnic Shelter facility may be waived by the Port of Hood River, in certain limited cases. Any applicant requesting such a waiver must submit the appropriate documents demonstrating that the applicant or intended use fall within the following categories: Intergovernmental Cooperation, Local Financial Hardship/Nonprofit, or Local Private Community Benefit.
PICNIC SHELTER RESERVATIONS COVER THE FOLLOWING TYPE OF EVENTS
- Picnic Shelter may be reserved daily for noncommercial picnics or events for gatherings of family/friends or company/organization.
- Event attendance must be free. No sales, donations or monetary exchange is required for people to attend.
Commercial Events or groups of over 50 people require a Special Event Use Permit. Groups of 50 people and over of any age, or commercial events, require a SPECIAL USE EVENT PERMIT, that may or may not be approved. Please see the “Event” section of our website for location information and rate schedule:
Special Event Use Permits are also required if:
- You would like to provide alcohol (hosted, catered, kegs, etc.)
- You would like to bring items to be used in the park (i.e. volleyball nets, additional tables or canopies. No tent stakes are allowed.
- You would like to have a band or D.J. City noise restrictions apply.
PICNIC SHELTER GENERAL INFORMATION
- Picnic Shelter reservations are required if you want to guarantee use of the site.
- Pending staff availability to maintain and clean the picnic shelter, reservations may be made from May 1st – September 30th and are on a first come first served basis beginning January 1stof each year. If the calendar is grayed out it means that the Port is not accepting reservations.
- Your reservation guarantees you use of the shelter for your specified day and time, it does not guarantee use of other park space or amenities.
- Reservations for the picnic shelter are made and paid for on the Port of Hood River website.
- Reservations are from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. The Marina Park closes at 9:00 PM.
- Unless reserved, picnic shelter may be used on a “first come, first served” basis for small groups.
- “Drop in” groups must vacate the shelter if the shelter has been officially reserved.
- Grills are allowed with shelter reservation only and must be a minimum of 6” off the ground and shall not be left unattended at any time. Permittee is responsible for the safe disposal of the coals and /or grease off site. No fires allowed.
- Picnic shelter has 7-8 tables. 1 table = 6 people.
- Picnic Shelter/Reservation Capacity – 50 people of any age (total includes children).
- Water is available from nearby spigot.
- Electricity is limited to a single outlet and is available only for reservations.
- Garbage – 1 can is provided. Permittee is required to haul out trash generated beyond the capacity of the receptacle.
- Restrooms- Public restrooms or Port-a-Potties are available near the Marina Moorage and at the Marina Beach.
- No vehicles allowed on grass.
- No smoking allowed in picnic shelter or park area.
- Dogs must be on leash attached to their person at all times.
- Alcohol- BYOB (bring your own beverage) canned or bottled beer and wine are allowed with a picnic reservation.
- Bouncy houses or other inflatable structures are not permitted.
- Cancellations require 7 days advanced notice for refund.
No person shall sell or offer for sale, any merchandise, article, or thing in or upon a Port Park or at any Port-authorized special event without having first obtained a permit from the Port for a specific area or the special event. A person may not practice, carry on, conduct, or solicit for any trade, occupation, business or profession, without first obtaining written permission from the Port.
Marina Picnic Shelter Reservation
Marina Picnic Shelter Reservation – Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Marina Picnic Shelter is currently closed and the Port is not accepting reservations at this time.
The picnic shelter can be reserved for private events up to 50 people for a $100 fee and agreement to the Port terms and conditions. You can check availability, agree to terms and make your reservation below.
For commercial events, please see the information here: https://portofhoodriver.com/waterfront-recreation/events/
The picnic shelter is available for reservations from May 1 – October 1 only. All other dates are first-come, first-serve with no water or electricity service available.
The Marina Park Picnic Shelter is currently not available for reservations due to staffing shortages. Please check back in June of 2022 for an update.