The Port of Hood River will advertise and hold a public lottery for five (5) seasonal slips on the South Basin Dock for the period of May 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017. Successful applicants accepting a slip will pay a one-time fee of $750.00 along with a $50 refundable gate key deposit. Payment for a seasonal slip and key deposit will be made to the Port of Hood River.
Announcement of the 2017 Seasonal Lottery will be published in March on the Port of Hood River website, and a public notice is advertised in the “Announcements” section of the Hood River News. The application deadline is 1:00 p.m. on Friday April 14, 2017, with the drawing held at 3:00 p.m. at the Port of Hood River administrative office located at 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. Applicants need not be present at the time of the drawing.
The Port will notify all applicants of the lottery results via email; the results will be posted on the Port website. All applicants whose names are drawn for a slip will have five (5) business days (by April 21, 2017) to either accept or decline the slip.
1. An application form must be submitted prior to the deadline to be eligible to participate in the Lottery. Only one (1) entry per household or boat partnership (co-titled and co-insured requirements apply) shall be submitted; and only one (1) watercraft per slip is allowed. PLEASE NOTE: An incomplete form will not be accepted. Click here to download the form.
2. There will be four (4) slips available for boats 23 feet & under LOA (Length Overall); one (1) slip will be limited to 20 feet LOA. The Port has the discretion to terminate a seasonal moorage agreement if the watercraft is found to exceed the LOA.
3. All successful applicants shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Port of Hood River Marina, including but not limited to providing:
• Proof of Watercraft Ownership
• Insurance Requirements
Rules and Regulations can be found on the website at portofhoodriver.com.
4. If the number of applicants is less than the number of slips, a Lottery drawing will not be required. However, if a drawing is necessary, it will be a blind drawing with individual names drawn from a container in sequence until all names in the container have been exhausted.
5. The first five (5) names drawn will be eligible for the slips. At least one of the entries must be 20 feet or under. The remaining names will be added to the Seasonal Wait List in the order of their Lottery Number.
6. Once all numbers are recorded, Lottery results will be published on the Port website by April 14, 2017.
7. All applicants offered a seasonal slip will be required to respond to the Port of Hood River with an offer for acceptance within five (5) business days. If the offer is accepted, a completed agreement and seasonal fee of $750 must be paid in full prior to May 1. If an offer is declined the slip will be offered to the next person on the Seasonal Wait List.
8. Each Lottery winner will be issued a maximum of two (2) keys to the South Basin Dock gate. A refundable key deposit of $50 per key must be paid in advance when the seasonal 6-month lease payment is made.
9. Slip assignments will be made by the Port of Hood River when the lease begins, with consideration given to vessel requirements and tenant preference.
10. Seasonal slips may not be sublet.