The Port of Hood River’s mission is to initiate, promote, and maintain quality of life and a healthy economy throughout the Port District and the Columbia River Gorge. The website portofhoodriver.com and all Port social media sites or pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, and the like) are intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and the Port.
Postings on the portofhoodriver.com website and social media feeds may be Public Records under Oregon law. To the extent such content is a public record, the Port of Hood River will be subject to disclosure requirements under the Oregon Public Records Law.
Comments sections on the portofhoodriver.com website and social media pages operated by the Port of Hood River are limited forums where the public may comment on articles and content posted by the Port of Hood River. The Comments posted to the portofhoodriver.com website and all social media pages or sites will be monitored. The Port of Hood River reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments including those that have obscene language or sexual content; threaten or defame any person or organization; violate the legal ownership interest of another party; support or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions; promote illegal activity; promote commercial services or products or are not topically related to the particular posting.
The Port will remove the following prohibited content from its website and social media pages or feeds when possible:
- Comments not topically related to the particular article being commented upon;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income or other protected status under applicable law;
- Inappropriate sexual content or links to inappropriate sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Private and confidential information;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
To request and obtain records from the Port of Hood River, please visit the public information request (FOIA) page here.