MARINA PICNIC SHELTER
The Marina Park picnic shelter is open for use May 1 – October 1 for private groups of less than 50 people, and available on a first come first serve basis. The Port does not accept reservations.
The Port is accepting reservation applications for events (event open to the public) that require a Use Agreement Event Permit that may or may not be approved. Please see the “Event” section of our website for location information and rate schedule:
Events that are open to the public require a Certificate of Insurance in the amount of $1 million naming the Port of Hood River as an additional insured.
The Marina Park picnic shelter is located on the west side of the Hood River Marina, just north of the Hood River County Historic Museum and the Yacht Club.
PICNIC SHELTER GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Picnic Shelter may be used on a “first come, first served” basis for small groups (40 people or less).
- Grills are not allowed.
- Fires are not allowed.
- Picnic shelter has 6-7 tables. 1 table = 6 people.
- Picnic Shelter Capacity – 40 people of any age (total includes children).
- Water is unavailable.
- Electricity is unavailable.
- Garbage – 1 can is provided. Users are required to haul out trash generated beyond the capacity of the receptacle.
- Restrooms- Public restrooms or Port-a-Potties are available near the Marina Moorage and at the Marina Beach.
- No vehicles allowed on grass.
- No smoking allowed in picnic shelter or park area.
- Dogs must be on leash attached to their person at all times.
- Bouncy houses or other inflatable structures are not permitted.
No person shall sell or offer for sale, any merchandise, article, or thing in or upon a Port Park or at any Port-authorized special event without having first obtained a permit from the Port for a specific area or the special event. A person may not practice, carry on, conduct, or solicit for any trade, occupation, business, or profession, without first obtaining written permission from the Port.