Hood River/White Salmon Interstate Bridge users can save time and money by opening an electronic prepaid toll account. The BreezeBy electronic tolling system provides customers a discount on tolls, and automated express lanes in the toll plaza eliminate the need to stop and pay cash for each crossing.
New BreezeBy accounts can be created online or over-the-counter at the Port office. Once you create your account, your vehicle transponder device will be mailed to you or you can pick it up in the office, usually within two business days. Please have your vehicle license plate number as well as the make, model and year ready when you set up your account, along with your payment and contact information. If you already have a BreezeBy account, you can log in to the online customer web portal to manage your account. The new web portal enables customers to:
- Replenish your account balance
- Update vehicle information
- Order new transponders
- Update payment method information
- Print statements
- Add a second authorized user
- Update customer contact preferences
- Sign up for bridge closure and traffic alerts
BreezeBy Quick Facts:
A BreezeBy account is easy and inexpensive to set up and provides a significant discount on tolls.
You don’t need to have a bank account linked to your BreezeBy, cash or check payments are accepted at the Port office during regular business hours. However, linking a credit or debit card to your account and setting up an automatic replenish payment is the easiest way to pay tolls.
For new accounts, each household will receive their first transponder at no cost, and each additional transponder is only $5.00 (license plate transponders are more expensive). When the planned toll rate increase goes into effect in 2018, BreezeBy customers will receive a 50% discount on their base toll rates compared to cash paying customers (Cash paying customers will pay $2 per crossing for passenger vehicles while BreezeBy customers will only pay $1.)
5 easy ways to keep Breezing By:
- Link a credit or debit card to your account to automatically replenish your balance. If you have not linked a card to your account, check your balance regularly to ensure you have enough money to pay your tolls.
- Keep your payment method information up to date, especially the expiration date of your credit or debit card.
- If you move, update the address on your account and your vehicle registration information.
- If you get a new vehicle, sell a vehicle, or replace your plates, be sure to update your vehicle information.
- If your vehicle is stolen, be sure notify the Port right away.
Using your BreezeBy:
Approaching the Toll Plaza
BreezeBy customers can travel through any of the four lanes at the toll plaza, but the outside lanes are for BreezeBy only. The transponder readers are located well before the automatic gates, and your transponder is read before you reach them. Using the axle count reader loops embedded in the roadway along with the transponder reader, the electronic toll system will calculate and charge the appropriate toll to your account in the time it takes for you to travel under the reader and through the gate.
Speed Limit Through the Toll Plaza
The outside, BreezeBy only lanes have a 10 MPH speed limit as you travel through the toll plaza. The inside, All Transactions lanes have a 5 MPH speed limit. Please use caution merging with the other
lane as you exit the toll plaza.
Traffic Lights Indicate Account Balance
The traffic signals indicate the status of your BreezeBy account balance. A green light indicates your balance is sufficient, a yellow light indicates your balance has dropped below the minimum
$10.00 threshold, and a red light indicates you have a negative balance.
Never back up in the toll plaza. If you get a red light, the gate will not raise. Do not back up, but instead use the intercom button to get instructions from the toll attendant.