The Port of Hood River (Port) takes reasonable steps to secure lost and found items on its recreational properties and return them to their rightful owners. The Port assumes no liability or responsibility for items in its possession.
I. Items of Significant Monetary Value
Lost and Found items of significant monetary value that are turned in or collected by Port staff. Please note, the offices are currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. Sporting gear will be left with the Event Site Host from June 1- September 1. Items of significant monetary value will be turned in to the Hood River Police Department.
Such items include:
- Boards and Paddles (kite, windsurf, and SUP)
- Kite Bars and Lines
- Kites and Sails
- Booms and Masts
- Life Jacket Vests
- Bicycles and Scooters
- Personal Items (wallets, keys, phones, prescription glasses)
- Items will be tagged and kept in a secure location at the Port Office. To claim an item owners must appear in person at the Port Office and identity it (description, brand name, where the item was lost) as their property.
- Items shall be kept until January 1 of any calendar year then disposed of or donated to a 501(c)(3) or other non-profit organization.
II. Items of Minimal Monetary Value
All other lost and found items of minimal value will be placed in bins located at the Hood River Event Site. Such items include (but are not limited to): kite pumps, rash guards, booties, tools, leashes, bags, chairs, clothing, shoes, toys, coolers, and towels.
- Port staff will not be overseeing Event Site bins. Retrieval of lost items will be through the “honor system”.
- Approximately every two weeks bins will be cleared out and items donated or discarded.
For questions about the Lost & Found Procedure or to inquire about a lost item, call 541-386-1645, Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.