Solicitation Hook Rigging Area Construction
Issued: November 1, 2021
Closing Date: December 1, 2021
The Port of Hood River is requesting quotes for installation of 2 rigging areas at the Port of Hood River Hook property.
The Work consists of:
- Seat wall construction.
- Place base rock and subgrade.
- Install artificial turf.
- Relocate rocks.
The work contemplated under this Contract includes all labor, tools, machinery, materials, transportation, equipment and services necessary for, and reasonably incidental to, the completion of all work in connection with the work described in the Contract, the General Conditions, all applicable special conditions, plans, specifications, or any supplementals. Project scope of work, plans and specifications are included in this Contract Solicitation document.
The single contact point for questions regarding the Solicitation, Forms, Specifications, change orders, contract clarification, the award process, and/or any other issues that may arise, John Mann; email firstname.lastname@example.org All contract questions must be received via email so the questions and answers can be seen by everyone.
1. Submittal Process
Quotes must be received by 2:00 PM on Wednesday December 1, 2021 at the Port office or by mail to 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. All bids must include the completed Quote Form and Quote Sheet Quotes, Insurance requirements. Quotes will be reviewed by Port staff.
The Port of Hood River reserves the right to:
- reject any or all proposals not in compliance with procedures and written instructions if it is in the best interest of the public to do so,
- seek clarifications of each response,
- waive informalities in the proposals,
- choose different proposers for each task,
- modify the project to fit within budgeted amounts, and
- negotiate a final contact that is in the best interest of the Port.
2. Solicitation Laws and Rules
This solicitation and resulting Contract are governed by Oregon Law. Specific laws and rules that govern the solicitation process are found in Chapters 279A and 279B of the Oregon Revised Statues. The solicitation and resulting Contract may be subject to other laws and rules. This is not a Prevailing Wage Project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870. Offerors should obtain and become acquainted with the applicable provisions of the above laws and rules.
3. Site Examination
The bidder shall visit the site and fully acquaint themselves with the existing conditions there relating to construction and labor, and should fully inform themselves as to the facilities involved, the difficulties and restrictions attending the performance of the Contract. Contractors will not be given extra payments for conditions, which can be determined by examining the site and documents.
A site walk through will be held on Tuesday, November 9 at 1:00PM
The contract will be awarded by competitive quotes to the contractor whose quote will best serve the interests of the Port of Hood River. Price, experience, availability, project understanding and contractor capacity will be taken into account in the evaluation process. All respondents will be notified of the award within 10 calendar days (December 1, 2021) of the closing date. Work will be scheduled once all contract documents have been executed.
5. Information to be submitted by successful contractor
The successful Contractor shall provide all required documents to the Port of Hood River within ten (10) calendar days of notification of the Intent-to-Award. Failure to present the required documents within ten (10) calendar days may result in rejection.
Respondents are encouraged to consult their insurance agent about the insurance requirements prior to Quote submission.
Contractors will be required to provide proof of commercial general liability and automobile liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00, and proof of Workers Compensaion coverage. The certificate shall be issued in the name of the Port of Hood River, 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. The Port of Hood River, and its commissioners, employees, contractors and agents shall be named as additional insured.
6. Oregon Prevailing Wage (BOLI Requirements)
This is not a Prevailing Wage job.
7. Base Quote and Alternates:
- Proposed rigging area # 1. Complete install.
- Alternate Proposed rigging area # 1 without seat wall.
- Proposed rigging area # 2. Complete installation.
- Alternate Proposed rigging area # 2 without seat wall.
The Port of Hood River reserves the right to accept any combination of rigging areas including or excluding either seat wall.
- Time and Completion: The Bidder must agree to commence work on or before a date to be specified in a written “Notice to Proceed” from the Port, and to fully complete the project by June 1, 2021. The contractor must also agree to pay as liquidated damages, the sum of $100.00 for each consecutive calendar day thereafter until all construction is complete.
- Quote Sheet
- Quote Form (return entire bid package to insure everything has been submitted correctly.)
- Certificate of Insurance